POMS 31st Annual Conference
Production and Operations Management Society (POMS) is an international professional organization representing the interests of POM professionals from around the world. C³M organizes a session on "Simulation-based Research in the Area of Humanitarian Operations & Crisis Management" within the track "Humanitarian Operations and Crisis Management" (HOCM) hosted by Alfonso Pedraza-Martinez and Christopher Zobel. Topics may include (but NOT limited to): disaster management (preparedness, response, relief, recovery and mitigation); emergency and crisis management; vulnerability mapping; coordination and collaboration among humanitarian actors; information issues and challenges; sustainable humanitarian operations; partnerships in humanitarian and crisis management; operational issues; practice-academia relationship gaps in humanitarian logistics; procurement and pre-positioning; buyer-supplier relationships; data sources in humanitarian and crisis management operations; rebuilding and restoration activities and impact on beneficiaries; current disaster management challenges; climate change issues; methodological challenges and tools; country or regional-themed research; as well as humanitarian and crisis management policy issues. We are open to analytical, simulation, empirical and qualitative research methods.
More information can be found here.
- September 23, 2019: Abstract submission opens.
- December 31, 2019: Abstract submission closes.
- January 19, 2020: Acceptance letters sent.
Paper Presentation Schedule
- September 25, 2019: Preliminary Master Timetable posted
- February 10, 2020: Preliminary paper presentation schedule posted. (Request any schedule change by March 1, 2020).
- February 25, 2020: Final Master Timetable posted.
- March 10. 2020: Final Paper Presentation Schedule posted. All abstracts whose presenting authors have not registered by the deadline will not be included. See the deadline under registration.
- January 1, 2020: Online registration opens for POMS conference and POMS Colleges’ mini-conferences
- February 28, 2020: Deadline for presenting authors to register for the conference. If not registered, abstract will be removed from the program.
- March 2, 2020: Online registration closes for POMS conference and POMS Colleges’ mini-conferences
Delayed Registration and Refund Policies
- February 1, 2020: Registration fee for POMS Conference increases by $ 100 (no change in registration fee for POMS College Mini-Conferences).
- February 15, 2020: Last day for full refund of POMS Conference and POMS College Mini-Conference registration fees.
- March 7, 2020: Last day for partial (50%) refund of POMS Conference and POMS College MiniConference registration fees.